Some fine attributes about Jeff:
- introduced me to Make Magazine.
- sublets his sweet little cheap apartment to my man-friend and I, for very little money in a really ideal local.
- left the 3-keg kegerator in the kitchen when he moved
- makes good homebrew
- is easy to talk to, even for 5 hours in a sports bar on a dead saturday night
- self-identifies as "sleazy" but isn't.
- knows more about Futurama than my own boyfriend
- plays board games you haven't heard of
- left green lantern and "bite me fan boy" pins in the most strange places in this apt
- owns part of a fancy coffee bar/lifestyle center in Chicago where he now lives
I've fallen in love with Make magazine. (see the scrolling feed at the bottom of the page, oh yes, that's make feed. ) And they sent me a christmas present. I bought several subscriptions for people's holiday presents, and one of them was supposed to get the Make Reference guide. Instead they sent it to me, the billing address. And I LOVE IT.
Ask me anything. Standards, measures, conversions. If there's a reference chart I think it's in there.
I'm utterly amazed.
And I'm awaiting my subscription, hoping that the gift ones don't all arrive on my doorstep.